Monday, March 24, 2014

Just another post

Sometimes the smallest things in life are the things that make the biggest differences. the little things that people take for granted are sometimes the most important. over the past several weeks i have had a lot of time to notice the little things. i held my tiny son and examined the perfection of each of his little fingers and toes and how perfectly formed his body was. there are things i may never understand and many emotions i have felt but never at any point was anger one of them. i do not have to ask God why this happened. although i may grieve the loss of my son here on earth I am not a victim in this situation. to have a perfect son is an honor and a blessing. over the past couple of weeks i've gotten support from so many friends, family and even strangers. many people have read my posts or this blog online and posted comments letting me know they are praying for us, some people have stood back not knowing quite what to say or how to act, some have offered words of support and encouragement, some have tried to put a smile on my face, some have hugged me, some have cried with me and some have held me close and let me break down until i was ready to stand on my own. i found that there really is no 'right or wrong' way to comfort someone because each way someone showed support has helped me. I know many people have been concerned about my physical and emotional state through this but i am doing well in both areas. i was able to resume most normal activities fairly quickly although there have been some things i just haven't felt like doing still and have been focusing on all of the little blessings and all of the support i have gotten to help me though the emotional stages. I have had some amazing experiences this month and i know that Elliot is watching out for me and helping me through this. i look forward to the time when i will see him again. It is a great blessing to know that we are all more than just our physical bodies and that when we leave our bodies here there is so much more we can experience. I will spend this week enjoying my time with my other children while they are on spring break and trying to catch up on some of the things i've been meaning to get done. i'm sure many adventures await so i'll keep living one day at a time making the best of what life brings and counting little blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment