Sunday, March 9, 2014

another day closer

Another day behind me and things are going well. today is the first time i can remember really being excited to lose an hour for daylight saving time but that puts me 1 hour closer to 24 weeks :). i'm sure that sounds silly to a lot of people but all the small things count! i decided to order a fetal doppler so i could listen to babys heartbeat and better monitor how baby is doing while i'm laying around. hopefully i will receive that by thursday. the doctors have me checking my temperature at least twice a day to make sure i do not develop an infection and end up in the ICU myself because that wouldn't be good for anyone. my body is not use to having to be down all the time and not getting up to chase kids and do random things around the house and around town so i'm feeling somewhat sore from not being able to move much. i can tell this is not going to be very comfortable to have to do for weeks. i'm not having any contractions and only get cramps if i move to fast or the wrong directions so i'm taking that as a good sign for now. i still am having some leaking/bleeding which generally tends to be lighter in the mornings and heavier in the evenings. i'm beginning to wonder if that has to do with when and how much water/fluids i'm taking in because i don't drink much while i'm sleeping but as i go throughout the day i try to drink as much as i can so i'm hoping the heavier leaking in the evening is just an indication that i've got plenty of fluids and there is more excess that can come out but i will probably talk to the doc at my next appointment about it. he would not give me any set goal for my fluid intake and simply stated that staying hydrated is good for me but won't make much of a difference with how much fluid the baby has or how the baby will do (everyone else i've talked to seems to disagree with that and thinks it makes a big difference for the baby). i've also read in several places online that getting extra vitamin c can help so i've started taking extra vitamin c because the way i see it is it can't really hurt and anything i can do that might have a chance of helping is a good thing. all 5 of my kids seem to be handling things as well as they can. my 2 year old has had a hard time not being able to climb all over me but loves to come and uncover my tummy to 'kiss her baby' and tell it hi. my husband has had to take on a lot of extra responsibility and is handling it pretty well. i'm sure he is rather stressed but is still doing his best to help me out which i am grateful for. the support from my friends and family has been amazing too with people doing what they can to check up on me and make sure things are taken care of. i hope that all who read through my blog will take a few moments to count all the little blessings that they often overlook and know that the support i get from each of you is more than just a little blessing to me as i go through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment